Welcome to the Himalayan Festival at the Festival of Arts, Laguna Beach, CA
For the first time in Southern California, Himalayan Festival organizing committee, supported by the Neighborhood Congregational Church, Laguna Beach, CA, presents a unique authentic Himalayan regions (Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, and India) culture and tradition. Himalayan Festival is a two days event, April 16th (Saturday) and April 17th (Sunday), 2016. It will be held at the Festival of Arts, Laguna Beach, CA. This public event will showcases various facets of Himalayan regions (Tibet, Nepal, Bhutan, and India) cultures, such as folk dances, traditional costumes, and authentic ethnic cuisine, art and music.
The event OBJECTIVE is to bring Southern California people together in a festive environment and it also offers a platform for a large number of people to observe and experience a rich cultural heritage of Himalayan regions. This event will also entertain audience with cultural dance and performance from Tibet, Nepal, Bhutan, and India.
The event will also play a vital role in creating a remarkable space to build an inter-cultural link and a social harmony in the multicultural background of Southern California. This event could extend and strengthen cultural ties between Himalayan regions Diaspora communities and people from Southern California.
Day 1- April 16th 2016 (10 AM-5 PM)
10 AM: Festival Open to Public
11 AM: Welcome and Opening introduction
Festival blessing by Tibetan Monk, Christian Prayers, and Chanting Circle (NCC Laguna Beach Church Members),Guest, Mr. Steve Dicterow (Mayor, Laguna Beach City), Dr. Rishi Dakal (Nepali Honorary Consul, US)
11:30 AM: Tibetan Cultural Show Presented by Tibetan Association of Southern California and Tamding Arts
- Dance, songs and cultural performances
- Talk on Tibetan Culture and Tradition by Mrs. Yangchen Dolkar, President of Tibetan Associatio of Southern California(TASC)
2:00 PM: Indian Cultural Show Presented by HOPE B~Lit & Bollypop
- Dr Amrit Nehru, is a native from the beautiful valleys of Kashmir in India. He has also served as the director of Kashmir Hindu Foundation. Dr. Nehru talk on Indian Culture.
- Bollywood Dance and Songs (Ruhi Hak, Harmeet Singh, Minender Patel, BollyPop)
- Bharat Natyam SOLO (Aakansha Maheswari)
Day 2- April 17th 2016 (10 AM-5 PM)
10 AM: Festival Open to Public
11:30 AM: Bhutanese Cultural Show
- Dance, songs and cultural performance by local Bhutanese
- Talk on Bhutan (Khenpo)
2:00 PM: Nepali Cultural Show
- Dance, songs and cultural performance by local Nepali
- Talk on Nepali Culture and Tradition
- Mt. Everest Expedition Talk (Passang Sherpa)
- Tibetan Association of Southern California (TASC) will perform Tibetan Cultural Show and Dance
- HopeBlit: "Placing a Light in the heart of each child" - Let HOPE Be Lit in every heart
Hope B-Lit was founded in 2008 in Los Angeles, CA with the aim of promoting academic excellence and improving the quality of life in the students through values-based education. Read More ..
- Ruhi Hak:
VOIP specialist in IT Infrastructure with a passion for music and mentoring kids with workshops aimed at children & adults from different cultural and economic backgrounds. A singer , who has performed locally in Los Angeles in various cultural programs and also toured in USA and composes fusion music. WILL BE PRESENTING Indian SONGS and choreographing a unique themed presentation WITH :
- Harmeet Singh: A versatile singer who is also a biology research Professor. His performances are always a delight to his audiences.
- Minendra Patel:A versatile dancer and a brilliant choreographer . He will be presenting a hip hop dance fusion on a Bollywood fusion theme with other artists.
- BollyPop: "Where Happiness Is" Founder and Dance teacher Aakansha Maheshwari will be performing and choreographing the Bollywood classical dance and fusion presentation. The BollyPop Fitness Program is a fusion of Bollywood music to American Pop music, Latin, Arabic, Hip Hop music and is a one hour cardio workout that helps one build overall strength, coordination and enhance dance style and skills.
- Aakansha Maheshwari:
Venue Ground Photos
Festival Participants and Non-Profit Organization Supports:
- Honorary Consulate of Nepal to USA, San Diego
- Neighborhood Congregational Church, Laguna Beach, CA www.ncclaguna.org
- Tom Lamb Studio www.lambstudio.com
- Susan Brown Conservation www.sbconservation.com
- Land of Enlightenment Wisdom www.landofenlightenedwisdom.org
- Tibetan Association of Southern California (TASC) www.socaltibs.org
- Marissa Roth Photography www.marissarothphotography.com
- Nepal 24 hours Incorporation www.Nepal24hours.com
- Shivan Arts, Orange County www.shivamartsdance.com
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dhondup Tsering @ 310 689 9782
Namgyal Kyulo @ 310-993-9527
Tenpa Dorjee @ 714-342-7998
Venue of the Festival:
Festival of Arts and Pageant of the Masters
650 Laguna Canyon Rd
Laguna Beach, CA 92651